Friday, November 16, 2012

Cle de Peau Translucent Loose Powder

Once upon a time, almost all my makeup was from Bobbi Brown.  During that time, I actually finished a jar of Bobbi Brown loose powder in pale yellow.  I'm not sure how long that took, because as everyone knows, it takes at least 47 years to finish a container of loose powder.  And then I became crazy and bought all the makeup things.

Here is what I am looking for in base products: magical properties to enhance my complexion, give me a radiant and youthful glow, control the oilies.  And to not settle into my pores in the nose to give me odd looking beige plugs coming out of my nose.  Are my expectations too high?

The container is a deep dark almost black and shines blue in the light.  Love the little CP logo, so demure and pretty.  It has a velvety puff, as well as a tray upon which to pour a small amount of powder on to.  A little powder palette, if you will.

Pretty.  (Drrrrrty brushes in the background)




By the way, this puff is completely washable.  I've washed this by hand to great success.

How about the Cle de Peau Translucent Loose Powder?  While it doesn't have all the magical qualities, it is pure luxury.  Lookee at that finely milled, pale pink looking pixie dust:



The powder is very fine and slightly pink tinged.  It will not show pink on my skin, but if overly generous with the application, it will make my face look a little too pale.  I've found hard to capture with my amateur photography skills, but there is an extremely fine and delicate shimmer in the powder.  This translates to a very sedate glow on the skin.  There is nothing chunky glitter-festival on the skin with this powder.

I don't think this does a great job setting makeup, but it does an admirable job giving a nice blurred effect to soften my look (maybe because of the wee little shimmer?).  Unfortunately for me, it is no match, a real wimp actually, when it comes to oil control.  Actually, I think it is meant for moisturizing the skin.  So purchase selection fail on my part.  However, as my skin becomes drier in the cooler weather, I am enjoying this powder considerably more.  If you are on the drier side of the skin spectrum, you may greatly enjoy this powder and its performance.

Having used this almost daily for a year, and decanting a portion for my mom, I estimate another 45 years to go using this powder.  Seems that Cle de Peau's loose powder does look really lovely on, when not all my high expectations are heaped on it.

My eye is yet again roving around for a replacement.  I have tried a few Caron samples and looking at the Suqqu Nuancing Powder in natural.  I am going to need some strong discipline and self control to stick to my guns.  Fight!  Fight!  Fight!

Do you have any products too precious to cast aside even though your heart is not all that into it?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...